In addition to making a donation, there are a variety of ways you can support the Academy of Friends:
- Auction Donation: If you have an item you are interested in donating towards our silent or live auction, please use the attached form.
- Stock: If you own publicly traded stock it may be advantageous for you to make a stock contribution instead of a cash contribution. A gift of appreciated stock generally provides you a two-fold tax advantage. First, you avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in the value of the stock. Second, you receive a federal income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock at the time of the gift. Contact your accountant, attorney or tax advisor for assistance regarding stock gifts you may be considering to donate to Academy of Friends.
- Bequests or Planned Gifts: You can designate Academy of Friends as a beneficiary of your estate. Bequests may include a variety of assets - cash, securities, real estate and other property. To ensure that your exact intentions are carried out, your estate planning documents should be prepared by, and with the advice of, your attorney.
- Donate your Vehicle: Academy of Friends can benefit from the sale of your car, motorcycle, boat, or RV, while you receive a tax break for your donation. We have partnered with Cars 4 Causes to manage this program. For more information, please call 1-800-766-CARE (2273) or click here for a Cars 4 Causes donation form.
- Sell an Item Using Ebay Giving Works: When you sell an item on eBay you can designate all or a portion of the sale to benefit Academy of Friends using eBay's Giving Works program. Turn your eBay listings into a force for good with eBay Giving Works. With each listing you can pledge to donate from 10% to 100%* of an item's final sale price to Academy of Friends and get a pro-rated fee credit on your insertion fee and final value fees when your listing sells. Visit ebaygivingworks.com for more information.
- Community Thrift Store: San Francisco non-profit thrift store, founded in 1982. Mention Academy of Friends (#80) with your donation drop off and a portion of sales will be donated to Academy of Friends. Donations are accepted 7 days a week, 10A-5P, drop off area on Sycamore Street between 17th and 18th Streets in the Mission, storefront address: 643 Valencia Street. Visit Community Thrift for more information.
- In Memory Of/In Honor Gifts: Give a gift to Academy of Friends in honor of or in memory of a special person in your life. We'll send a gift card letting them or their family know that a contribution has been made in their name. Your gift both honors the individual and supports the important work of Academy of Friends.
- AmazonSmile: Shopping online? At no additional cost to you, your purchase can benefit Academy of Friends. Visit AmazonSmile, select Academy of Friends as your charity of choice and 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to AOF.
Please contact us to learn more, or if you have any questions about ways you can give.